New Community Fund
Grants are targeted at organisations where a small amount of money can make a significant difference.
The fund will seek to support a wide range of locally based groups across our region, especially grassroots and small to medium-sized organisations. We particularly welcome applications from BAME groups.
Priority will be given to work that:
- supports people in financial difficulty or those who lack access to services
- takes place in areas of multiple deprivation or rural isolation
- helps build stronger, more resilient communities
- helps people manage or avoid debt, including raising awareness and take up of utility affordability support, such as the Wessex Water schemes, among those who need it most
- educates and supports people of all ages to take steps to build financial capability, money management and household budgeting skills.
What you can apply for?
You can apply for a grant towards costs for activities that strengthen communities by addressing local needs and issues. This may include core costs.
Who can apply?
- voluntary and community groups with charitable aims
- registered charities
- community interest companies
- town and parish councils.
Funding is limited to local organisations based in the Wessex Water area.
How much do we award?
Grants available up to £3,000
How to apply?
The opening date is Monday 13 September and closing date is Friday 22 October 2021.
The new fund in part replaces our Money Matters and Hard to Reach grants.
Please apply through your closest Community Foundation, details of which are available on the Wessex Water website. You will be notified of the outcome of your application by the end of November 2021 following a local community panel meeting.